THE OFFICIAL LADYROCK FORUMS™  Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Dio left unfinished tracks

 
Reply to topic    THE OFFICIAL LADYROCK FORUMS™ Forum Index » ♥Dio Forum Members Topics ♥ View previous topic
View next topic
Dio left unfinished tracks
Author Message
Holymagica
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Posts: 21433
Location: Edinburgh

Post Dio left unfinished tracks Reply with quote
Simon Wright says there’s a chance that four unfinished demos could be completed for a future release. Ronnie James Dio’s last track, Electra, was released after his death, but Wright reveals scratch tracks of other songs exist. “There were three or four songs he had been working on,” says the drummer. “I’m not sure what will happen. At some point, maybe, they’ll come out. You would have to be careful how you approached it – you wouldn’t want to overstep your bounds. We’d sit and listen to them and see how far he got. We’d do it with total respect and we’d do it delicately.” [Classic Rock Revisited]

_________________
Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Pink Led Rush
Site Admin


Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Posts: 610

Post Reply with quote
Sweet! That would be awesome if they do get released, and no doubt they will with Dean running things Razz
Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Hamalane
Member of The Month


Joined: 14 Sep 2010
Posts: 148
Location: France

Post Reply with quote
As long as they don't get another so-called singer to do the vocal parts..

_________________
Can you hear the Tales from the Ocean
Submerged cities and haunted wrecks
Can you hear the Tales from Nowhere
The wind will tell you, if you listen
Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunburst
Member of The Month


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 3266
Location: Germany ;o)

Post Reply with quote
It would be a nice release indeed. I hope they won't end up in some special package super-deal for hundreds of bucks though. Confused
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am View user's profile Send private message
alitivity
Member of The Month


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 719

Post Reply with quote
You have to understand that they are calling them scratch traks, which is what you call a rough vocal that isnt reallty worked out, its just there for reference while recording. it can mean the lyrics arent finished, it can mean your feeling around for the melody line, it can mean a whole host of other reasons that the track isnt viable. so I think its going to be very interesting to see if this is something they can use. If you remember back in the 90s the Beatles did a song taken from a short clip of John Lennon singing into a tape recorder. After they produced the song, the John Lennon parts made up a very small portion of the actual song, but over all it was still pretty cool.

_________________
Check out Al Diamond Phillips/Nevermet on the web
http://www.reverbnation.com/nevermet
http://www.reverbnation.com/aldiamondphillips
Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Holymagica
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Posts: 21433
Location: Edinburgh

Post Reply with quote
alitivity wrote:
You have to understand that they are calling them scratch traks, which is what you call a rough vocal that isnt reallty worked out, its just there for reference while recording. it can mean the lyrics arent finished, it can mean your feeling around for the melody line, it can mean a whole host of other reasons that the track isnt viable. so I think its going to be very interesting to see if this is something they can use. If you remember back in the 90s the Beatles did a song taken from a short clip of John Lennon singing into a tape recorder. After they produced the song, the John Lennon parts made up a very small portion of the actual song, but over all it was still pretty cool.


Queen's Made in Heaven was like that but I thought it was good, also lets not forget the Elis cd where singer died during the recordings, that worked out a great recording becoz the band put its heart and soul into the music.
I think DIO's band would do the same Cool

_________________
Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
alitivity
Member of The Month


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 719

Post Reply with quote
Holymagica wrote:
alitivity wrote:
You have to understand that they are calling them scratch traks, which is what you call a rough vocal that isnt reallty worked out, its just there for reference while recording. it can mean the lyrics arent finished, it can mean your feeling around for the melody line, it can mean a whole host of other reasons that the track isnt viable. so I think its going to be very interesting to see if this is something they can use. If you remember back in the 90s the Beatles did a song taken from a short clip of John Lennon singing into a tape recorder. After they produced the song, the John Lennon parts made up a very small portion of the actual song, but over all it was still pretty cool.


Queen's Made in Heaven was like that but I thought it was good, also lets not forget the Elis cd where singer died during the recordings, that worked out a great recording becoz the band put its heart and soul into the music.
I think DIO's band would do the same Cool


This is true, it could be really Great. I am a little sceptical though, after listening to some of the other productions of Ronnie after he was no longer here to produce them himself. I'm not a fan of the Rods song, which to me was poorly produced, and the stuff Niji puts out doesnt seem to have any effort put towards it at all. they didnt even run any noise reduction on the before there was Elf Disc. It sounds terrible. I just hope that if the band is involved that they can really have a say in the production. They have all been around for a long time and could help in the overall sound. If guys like Dean get a hold of it though, it will be a travisty

_________________
Check out Al Diamond Phillips/Nevermet on the web
http://www.reverbnation.com/nevermet
http://www.reverbnation.com/aldiamondphillips
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Holymagica
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Posts: 21433
Location: Edinburgh

Post Reply with quote
Thats the great thing about DIO singles box set...Niji never got there hands on it Smile
You have a point...wait and see what happens Cool

_________________
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Pink Led Rush
Site Admin


Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Posts: 610

Post Reply with quote
alitivity wrote:
Holymagica wrote:
alitivity wrote:
You have to understand that they are calling them scratch traks, which is what you call a rough vocal that isnt reallty worked out, its just there for reference while recording. it can mean the lyrics arent finished, it can mean your feeling around for the melody line, it can mean a whole host of other reasons that the track isnt viable. so I think its going to be very interesting to see if this is something they can use. If you remember back in the 90s the Beatles did a song taken from a short clip of John Lennon singing into a tape recorder. After they produced the song, the John Lennon parts made up a very small portion of the actual song, but over all it was still pretty cool.


Queen's Made in Heaven was like that but I thought it was good, also lets not forget the Elis cd where singer died during the recordings, that worked out a great recording becoz the band put its heart and soul into the music.
I think DIO's band would do the same Cool


This is true, it could be really Great. I am a little sceptical though, after listening to some of the other productions of Ronnie after he was no longer here to produce them himself. I'm not a fan of the Rods song, which to me was poorly produced, and the stuff Niji puts out doesnt seem to have any effort put towards it at all. they didnt even run any noise reduction on the before there was Elf Disc. It sounds terrible. I just hope that if the band is involved that they can really have a say in the production. They have all been around for a long time and could help in the overall sound. If guys like Dean get a hold of it though, it will be a travisty


So, for the Elf disc, if I have the boot should I just stick with it? Haven't picked up that one yet, but I have the boot called War Pigs Live at the Bank, Cortland,NY
Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:02 am View user's profile Send private message
alitivity
Member of The Month


Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 719

Post Reply with quote
Just my opinion, but it sounds like they just took the bootleg versions and slapped them on a disk so they could sell what had already been floating around for years.

_________________
Check out Al Diamond Phillips/Nevermet on the web
http://www.reverbnation.com/nevermet
http://www.reverbnation.com/aldiamondphillips
Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Pink Led Rush
Site Admin


Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Posts: 610

Post Reply with quote
LOL, that's pretty dumb if you ask me. I checked the track listing and there's a few I don't have, so I'll still pick it up.
Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    THE OFFICIAL LADYROCK FORUMS™ Forum Index » ♥Dio Forum Members Topics ♥ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin / Easy Tutorials (Photoshop Tutorials).